Monday, September 15, 2014

Today is my 43rd Birthday

Me at age 2 (looking at camera) with my Aunt and cousin.
Yes, today is my birthday.  I woke up to a wonderful sunrise and the smell of coffee.  And many greetings on Facebook.

This is actually a thankful post.  I am thankful to God that I am where I am right now in life.  I couldn't ask for a better birthday gift.  You see, I came from a tough and abusive childhood.  But, I am here today shouting the praises of my Savior for bringing me to this place for this time.

I was born in 1971 to a 15 yr old girl, being raised by her was like your older sister raising you.  In many ways she really resented me for "taking her life from her" she was very distant and really couldn't mother me.  This is where God had praying Grandmothers over me and a very dear Aunt who stepped in to mother me.  My dad's mother, Grandma Stella was a believer, I was her first born grandchild.  From what I have been told by her Pastors when I came into their congregation at age 17, she started every morning by praying for my salvation & safety.  I was not allowed in her life once adopted by my step-father.

I now, more than ever am so thankful for her prayers, I am told she was diligent in her prayers and never skipped praying for my salvation.  Thank you Lord for praying Grandmothers.  I received Christ as my Savior at a young age.  And served him since, even in the middle of a very hostile & abusive environment.  God has guided me thru it all!  I love my Savior very much.  He has made my life A Beautiful Mess.

No comments: