Thursday, September 12, 2013

Reflecting

No, I couldn't stay away. I realize what an out let this blogged served, even if just for me! I am reflecting on this recent photo a family emailed me. This is a photo of me at 2, I am the child looking into the camera. And the woman, that woman holding me is my Aunt. She is a huge part of my life and someone I have always aspired to be like. This photo means the whole world to me, because this captures my memory to the detail about our relationship, how she mothered me more than my birth mother, mothered me. As she turned 62 last month I still reflect on how she was "the mother hen" to all of us children, and she is still raising kids. 10 yrs ago she adopted her 4 grandchildren and is raising them. I am so honored to have this woman of God in my life

No comments: