Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I had a beautiful Mothers' Day

I hope you all had a wonderful Mothers' Day. I did. We went to a town 2 hours away from us, to a small small town called Glenwood. We always tease that only 8 people live there.
We had a family reunion for my Father-In-Laws sie of the family. His two sisters and there families. We have the youngest kids so it was alot of fun to see all the older children mingle with mine.
My F-I-L youngest sister who is about 69, her husband is a cancer survivor. They together had 4 children. 3 girls and 1 boy. They lost their oldest daughter to cancer when she was in her late 30's. And the other two daughters are cancer survivors. And now, the oldest granddaughter herself is now battling cancer(her mother is the one who past away) So, this family is amazing to me, just the love and encouragement they give to all the see and know. I am always blessed by this family. We get together with this group every mothers day. So for me, I always go away with a lesson on this day, of how precious life and family are.

I must make a confession to you all, the reason we did so well in our garage sale is because we own a contruction business and we sold extra materials we don't use. we sold doors, windows, sheet rock, etc. And I had kids clothes, dishes, books, homeschool stuff, so I believe our greatest seller was the materials.

I just want to thank everyone for their sweet comments and wishes for me and my family. You are all such an amazing group of women. I am honored to get to know you all!

I must go, today we get another 80' day, gotta get summer like things done, because rain is back in the forcast for the rest of my week.
Blessings to you all!

1 comment:

Julieann said...

I am glad you had a nice Mother's day:) Also, prayers to your FIL's sister's family--what strength they must all have.

As for the garage sale--great job!!!! :o)

Julieann:)